My name is Danielle Shields.
I believe life is a lesson that unfolds moment to moment. The information provided on this website is a mix of my own thoughts, experience working with clients and personal exploration to help meet that lesson as it unfolds. The work cited is a culmination of teachers, videos, books, and friendships throughout the years that have helped me get to the state of being I call, Living the Exhale. I moved from habitually responding to life to intentionally living and most of the time, surrendering becoming a lover of what is.
Everything on this website, I have come to know as my truth and have helped me realize a peace; I realized was there all along. A peace I have touched many times and bring myself back to, once I realize I am not there. Mindfulness is less about learning something new or doing anything, and more of letting go and dissolving the noise and defense we build against happiness. Basically, I aim to be a teacher of letting go and forgiveness (for yourself and life as it is) which ultimately brings the peace that acceptance allows.
My therapeutic approach and things I typically incorporate:
- Energy Healing
- Mindfulness Skills
- Meditation in sessions
- The Work by Katie Byron
- Shifts in Lifestyle (diet, excercise)
- Growth Mindset
- 12 Steps
- Yoga or Movement Therapy
Some of my goals:
- Nourish and heal the relationship clients have with themselves; that relationship sets the precedent for every other relationship in their life
- Generate realistic action steps towards identified goals
- Meet clients where they are at and hold space for them to become their own guru
- Model unconditional acceptance of what is and eventually Love what is through nonattachment, nonresistance, and non-judgment
- Teach clients to master their difficulties, leaning into it, inquiring into it and allowing it to dissolve in its time
- Cultivate a presence that allows whatever needs to arise; healing past wounds and letting go of future fears
- Facilitate a shift in self-perception, which in turn changes how you see the world
Clients teach me a tremendous amount every day and I am extremely grateful for the privilege to work with the people that have chosen to explore their worlds with me.
Education and Tools I have acquired on my journey:
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from University of Central Florida, 2011
- Master in Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, 2016
- CACREP Accredited program; 1000 supervised internship experience
- Work at Park Royal Hospital since 2016, providing initial intake assessments evaluating clients criteria for inpatient care.
- 2016 Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher
- 2016 Children’s Functional Assessment Rating Scale (CFARS) Rater ID Number 802-041-572 2016 Functional Assessment Rating Scale (FARS) Rater ID Number 805-034-937
- 2015 Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Certified
- 2014 200-Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training at Ruby & Pearls Yoga Studio
- 2014 Cardiopulmonary Resuscitations (CPR) Certified
- 2014 American Counseling Association Member; Liability Insurance active to date
Below are a client’s own words after starting the journey with Danielle.