My name is Danielle Shields.
I believe life is a lesson that unfolds moment to moment. The information provided on this website is a mix of my own thoughts, experience working with clients and personal exploration to help meet that lesson as it unfolds. The work cited is a culmination of teachers, videos, books, and friendships throughout the years that have helped me get to the state of being I call, Living the Exhale. I moved from habitually responding to life to intentionally living and most of the time, surrendering becoming a lover of what is.
Everything on this website, I have come to know as my truth and have helped me realize a peace; I realized was there all along. A peace I have touched many times and bring myself back to, once I realize I am not there. Mindfulness is less about learning something new or doing anything, and more of letting go and dissolving the noise and defense we build against happiness. Basically, I aim to be a teacher of letting go and forgiveness (for yourself and life as it is) which ultimately brings the peace that acceptance allows.
My therapeutic approach and things I typically incorporate:
- Energy Healing
- Mindfulness Skills
- Meditation in sessions
- The Work by Katie Byron
- Shifts in Lifestyle (diet, excercise)
- Growth Mindset
- 12 Steps
- Yoga or Movement Therapy
Some of my goals:
- Nourish and heal the relationship clients have with themselves; that relationship sets the precedent for every other relationship in their life
- Generate realistic action steps towards identified goals
- Meet clients where they are at and hold space for them to become their own guru
- Model unconditional acceptance of what is and eventually Love what is through nonattachment, nonresistance, and non-judgment
- Teach clients to master their difficulties, leaning into it, inquiring into it and allowing it to dissolve in its time
- Cultivate a presence that allows whatever needs to arise; healing past wounds and letting go of future fears
- Facilitate a shift in consciousness and self-perception, which in turn changes how you see the world
Clients teach me a tremendous amount every day and I am extremely grateful for the privilege to work with the people that have chosen to explore their worlds with me.
*It is important to note that I am not a mental health counselor or licensed therapist and receive no supervision for my work with clients* This private practice offers a unique and holistic approach to the friction that life sometimes brings when we are out of alignment and offers clients the opportunity to take their power back, become one with what is and flow with the higher intelligence as it unfolds.
Education and Tools I have acquired on my journey:
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from University of Central Florida, 2011
- Master in Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, 2016
- 2016 Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher
- 2016 Children’s Functional Assessment Rating Scale (CFARS) Rater ID Number 802-041-572 2016 Functional Assessment Rating Scale (FARS) Rater ID Number 805-034-937
- 2015 Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Certified
- 2014 200-Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training at Ruby & Pearls Yoga Studio
- 2014 Cardiopulmonary Resuscitations (CPR) Certified
- 2014 American Counseling Association Member; Liability Insurance active to date
Below are a client’s own words after starting the journey with Danielle.